Monday, September 29, 2008

What Now?

I know most of my readers are adoptive families, but I just wanted to update those that aren't familiar with Indian adoptions.
The judge has signed the paperwork and I'm pretty sure it is actually in the US right now.
The orphanage director is sending the paperwork to the consulate office to be attested Tuesday (now) in India and then she will apply for Prasun's passport. The wait time that is given right now for passports is about 15 days.
In the US, once the paperwork is sorted by the adoption agency, they will send us a copy. They also send a copy to the OK ICPC office. OK will send a copy to the NC ICPC office. This is a compact between the states because Dillon doesn't have an office in NC. Both states have to agree with the placement of Prasun. This should take 3-4 weeks. I'm going to give it 2 and then check on the NC part because our paperwork got lost last time.
Once the passport is issued, I'm ready to travel. We do need ICPC issued before I get back. I'm going to stay on them and beg if I have to so it is done quickly. It is time to get my boy home.
I'm thinking I'll be traveling the last week of October.
Well that is the timeline for now. I'm hoping every thing is done in the next 4 weeks so I can go.
I'm spending my free time trying to get all the paperwork together. I did manage to get Prasun added to our health insurance today. I also sent off my travel visa. I have to track down a couple of documents. I can't find our marriage liscense and have to order it from PA. That has been my only roadblock with paperwork today.
I do have a small problem with my job. Its nothing huge but I'm hoping to get it straightened out quickly. I just wish the human resources person was alittle more helpful. I'll get it figured out though.

5 comments:

Åsa said...

i am so happy for you.We will probely going to Matri Sneha at the same time.We planing to travel in the end of october.Can you send me an email at
asaabrahamsson@telia.cm
/Åsa Sweden

Julie & Patrick said...

You must be so excited. I've been checking daily with news of some concrete travel dates for you. Good luck doing the paper shuffle!

Julie R

Traci said...

I don't think I've ever posted on your blog, but I wanted you to know what a blessing this blog has been to our family. It's actually one of the reasons we ended up using Dillon as our adoption agency. We've been praying for you all and will continue to do so. Thank you for sharing your story. We are so excited to see the pictures of Prasun at home! -- Traci G. (#14'ish on the list)

Angel said...

YAY!!! Great news!!!! Angel

Peter and Nancy said...

Although I hate paperwork, I LOVE hearing the details about yours because it means you're traveling soon! Cheering for you,
Nancy

Such a Big Boy!!

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

My Sissy

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Big Brother

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker