Monday, August 11, 2008

Letter to Prasun

Dear Prasun,
Today is another long day without you. Everyday we sit and wait for news that the guardianship documents have been signed. Everyday we wait, and wish, and wonder.
We wonder what you are doing, how you are feeling, and how much longer we will have to wait. We wonder how you and your sister will get along. How you will react to having a big brother. How you will feel in my arms again. Long days of waiting.
I know the wonderful Ayahs are telling you about families. They are telling you about mommys and daddys and brothers and sisters. I know they are showing you pictures of us in your photo album. I know you are wondering what this family is. You have no idea how much your life is going to change. You don't even see that soon I'll be there to get you. Soon you will have new clothes, a new bed, a whole new life. Every minute of everyday you'll be hugged and get told I love you a million times a day. Soon I'll have you to carry around. Soon you can go fishing with us, play at the lake, and see if you like to kayak like your sister.
I'm praying the same prayers I prayed while waiting for your sister. I'm praying that God puts our family into your heart as you were put into our heart. I'm praying for an easy transition for you. I'm praying for your peace as we steal you away from everything that you have known and try to give you everything you could ever want.
I love you so much little boy. I look forward to the day when you are in my arms. It's coming soon. I will have everyday from now until forever to hold you in my arms.
You've been in my heart for so long. I'm ready to have you in my arms.
We all love you so much. Come home.
PS Hope they taught you to play the guitar. Your brother is ready to "battle" you at Guitar Hero.

5 comments:

Not By Chance said...

Prasun,

I met you in India when I was picking up my daughter. When we walked into your room I recognized you right away (from your blog). You had the brightest smile! You were sitting in a chair and saying hi over and over again! You seem so happy. You have a very special family who is waiting for you. I hope it is soon when you will see them again. I pray it wont be long. Lots of love Prasun!
Love,
Susanne (Dola and Mihika's momma)

The Labontes said...

Amanda, I checked here every day last week, hoping for the big news. Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family on this long wait.
Kristy

ColleenC said...

Amanda-

I've been thinking about your family and keep checking your blog hoping for news!

- Colleen

Kristi W. said...

Still praying for you guys...

You have to keep that letter for Prasun. He will cherish it someday. Hang in there girl.

Pam said...

Hang on Amanda. It won't be too much longer. We are all holding you up in our prayers. Love to you. Call if you need to.

Such a Big Boy!!

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

My Sissy

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Big Brother

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker